Monday, May 6, 2013

About Passion

Right now, I'm waiting for my second novel to cool down a little since I only just finished the first draft. Once it's simmered, I'll get back to editing it. Until then though, I have several ideas that I wanted to share with you guys.

Defining passions is so difficult that I won't even get into it. But I remember this line from one of Roald Dahl's stories that seemed to sum it up pretty good: No one knows exactly what passion is, but one thing is clear. It can turn even the most boring novel into a bestseller, and can also do the exact opposite. (One, I'm not sure that that's the exact line, more of how I remember it. Two, I enjoy quoting Roald Dahl when talking about becoming a writer. You should really see what he has to say about it.)

But coming to the point, even though that definition seems to help very little in giving any new writer information regarding what passion is and how it should be used in a novel.

I won't go on this for very long, because I have very little to say. What I really wanted were your opinions on this. What is passion to you? Is it just liking your story or believing it's the best? Or is it about completely losing yourself to your story, to think about it as if it really happened?

No comments:

Post a Comment